Diagnostic Testing – the accurate approach
If you suffer from any of the above, we will conduct a baseline assessment at the time of your initial comprehensive eye examination, and then schedule a comprehensive work-up appointment that includes an in-depth history and the following diagnostic testing:
- Meibography – infrared imaging of the eyelids to assess the structure of the oil glands
- Tear osmolarity – sampling the tears to see how dilute or concentrated they are
- SM Tube – measuring the tear production volume
- NIKBUT – measuring the stability of the tear film and how quickly they break up
- Biomicroscopy – looking for signs of chronic inflammation, blockage of glands, structural changes, mites or bacteria, and numerous other pathologies.
These clinical tests will allow us to accurately diagnose the type of dry eye and the root causes. We will then target evidence based treatments that are most effective for your unique dry eye profile.